1 utente stanno visualizzando questa discussione: (0 membri, e 1 visitatore).
Rispondi 

Valutazione discussione:
  • 0 voti - 0 media
Linate crash 2001
Autore Messaggio
douwetjerk Offline

Reputazione: 0
Messaggio: #1
Linate crash 2001
I am a TWR/APP ATCO at Schiphol/Amsterdam. I have read a large part of the final report of the crash at Linate SAS686 and DVX.

I also learned that Paolo Zacchetti has been imprissoned for 8 years.

I assume that he wil appeal to that sentence and I like to see if help can be offered to keep him out of jail after appealing.

Therefore I need more information, for instance by getting in contact with Linate TWR/GND controllers.

Who can be of any help?

Douwe Tjerkstra.
21-04-2004 16:47
Trova tutti i messaggi di questo utente Cita questo messaggio nella tua risposta
douwetjerk Offline

Messaggio: #2
Linate crash 2001
The fact that the Linate controller has been sentenced to 8 years, makes it very clear (again) that outsiders have no idea about how ATC is really working.

They (judges, jury, presspeople, everyone except ATCpersonel) are absolutely unable to put the complete picture in the correct perspective, resulting in 8 years jail.

I think that when Paolo is appealing, all possible means should be used to paint the correct picture for the "outsiders". I am willing to help to achieve that goal, even if I have to come to Milano for that.

Furthermore I see the urge for European controller to get more united. IFATCA is the institute that should be able to assist in this goal, but I think that IFATCA is more a large discussion-group than a instrument to get things realy done.

These are just a few of my thoughts.

Douwe Tjerkstra.
22-04-2004 01:05
Trova tutti i messaggi di questo utente Cita questo messaggio nella tua risposta
adriano.gandini Offline
Administrator

Messaggio: #3
Linate crash 2001
Hi Douwe, I'm an Italian ATCO working at LIPE, I fully agree with you!

Here you can find the final report:

http://www.ansv.it/En/Detail.asp?ID=177
22-04-2004 13:00
Visita il sito web di questo utente Trova tutti i messaggi di questo utente Cita questo messaggio nella tua risposta
marcello.serani Offline

Messaggio: #4
Linate crash 2001
Hi Douwe,
my name is marcello serani and I've already forwarded your e-mail to a friend of mine in Milano Linate, an ATCO him, too.
I hope he'll help you to contact Mr Iannucci.
It's the first time in the history of our country that an ATCO suffers that great trouble and that's an evidence of what Air Traffic Management risks to become.
Thanks for your thoughts and keep in touch with us for any news about that.
Marcello.
24-04-2004 17:13
Visita il sito web di questo utente Trova tutti i messaggi di questo utente Cita questo messaggio nella tua risposta
saintex2002 Offline

Messaggio: #5
Linate crash 2001
...In case of any help for our Linate atco friend...I'm with u too !!!...
25-04-2004 18:35
saintex2002 Offline

Messaggio: #6
Linate crash 2001
...Do you have some news about Paolo ???...
...Is the appeal confirmed ???...
...Is he already jailed ???...
22-07-2004 03:13
goldrake Offline

Messaggio: #7
Linate crash 2001
Hi, I am Matteo and I work at LIMC.
The sentence has been published a week ago, so the lawyers are working for the appeal.
Unfortunetely the court agreed with the conclusions of the expert's opinion about the fact the ATCO should have known the existence of the mysterious point called "S4".
This is the reason why the sentence grew up to 8.6 years starting from 3.10 (accuse's request)
In the outsiders' mind this concept in "unthinkable" as the concept that a 4000 hour pilot cannot make such an incredible mistake (south instead of north, 5 intead of 6 , cross a red bar withuot authorization and further explanation, enter the active runway without a specific cleareance).
About the red bar an incredible comment has been reported in the sentence explanation: a pilot interwied in the trial said that in presence of a red bar only if he has a doubt, he ask for a specific clerarence to cross it... a little bit strange with an average RVR 200 M the pilot had no doubt.
Was the pilot in command in the correct position in the cockpit?
Who was really "the pilot" at that time?

Bye.
24-07-2004 12:24
saintex2002 Offline

Messaggio: #8
Linate crash 2001
...Is there some more news about Paolo's case and above all about his sentence ???
28-11-2004 10:35
pilota privato Offline

Messaggio: #9
Linate crash 2001
This is very incredible! Bye
01-02-2006 16:18
Rispondi 

Vai al forum:

Permessi di scrittura